Dynamic Duel Academy
Begin your Dynamic Duel Academy experience right now! Just click "Register"
Dynamic Duel Academy
Begin your Dynamic Duel Academy experience right now! Just click "Register"
Dynamic Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamic Duel Academy

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class: Trap Cards

Go down 
+5
Yoshikawa Yusuke
YamiYusei
DarkMagician67
Destroyer
Tsubasa Mushra
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

Class: Trap Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

duel4food13 wrote:
Spoiler:

well done
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TomodachiGameplays
duel4food13

duel4food13

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Pros:It can stop the activation of a spell or trap return it to the hand and if you have puddingness on the feild you can destroy
1 card on the feild.

Cons:Can be destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon,Night beam,Dark Bribe,Heavy storm and if you returned a spell card to
your opponents hand, the spell can be activated again.Can be a dead draw if you have monsters in your graveyard.

Class: Trap Cards Madolche_tea_break_by_kai1411-d4x5n78
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:56 pm

thecardprince wrote:

Spoiler:

well done
Back to top Go down
Prince of Mist

Prince of Mist

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Class: Trap Cards MalevolentCatastropheSDMA-EN-C-1E
anyways the cards malevolent catastrophe. Its basically like a situational heavy storm. its good cause it destroys your opponents spells and traps. its bad cause it can only be activated when your opponent attacks and therefore not when you need to quickly destroy your opponents back row.

Last edited by thecardprince on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : didnt do it right...?)
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Ghost of ET wrote:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hikari Kotaro on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET

Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Class: Trap Cards Callhaunt
This card is epic it lets you special summon basically for free man i can get almost anything i want. Bad thing is if it leaves my monster goes but thats really tho only thing wrong. not to mention if my monsters used for like xyz material or synchro summoning or tribute, even fusion summoned call of the haunted stays that's great and bad it can be brought back to your hand by other cards but if you don't have that card it just takes up room in your spell and trap zone so its neutral if you ask but and you did didn't you spark.
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

pikachu38 wrote:
Spoiler:

welldone
Back to top Go down
RoxasXSora

RoxasXSora

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 am

Class: Trap Cards Stonehenge_method_by_kai1411-d4w7jce
My trap is stonehenge method. it's effect is when a cronomaly monster is destroyed(ik it says OOPArts, this is a fan art before they were changed to chronomaly) you can special summon a level 4 or lower in ef mode, but it can't attack(ik pretty sad)
pros: it's a great way to search for monster that you want to xyz with, searching for golen jet, a major card in the deck
cons: for starter, it's a spell/trap that activates in a specific time ,so it's weak to MST and cards of the like, plus, theres card destructiob for def monsters, plus what if you want t oattack with the monster!?
Back to top Go down
http://crayacademy.forumotion.com/
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Yoshikawa Yusuke wrote:
Spoiler:

well done
Back to top Go down
Yoshikawa Yusuke
Admin
Admin
Yoshikawa Yusuke

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Solemn Judgment:

Class: Trap Cards 300px-SolemnJudgment-BP01-EN-R-1E

Effect: When a monster would be Summoned OR a Spell/Trap Card is activated: Pay half your Life Points; negate the Summon OR activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Pros: It can counter EVERYTHING and negate EVERITHING (except by card effects that cannot be negated)

Cons: The player loses half of their life points and can be easily destroyed by MST's, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:46 pm

djyusei wrote:
]
Spoiler:

well done
Back to top Go down
YamiYusei
Teacher
Teacher
YamiYusei

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

]Class: Trap Cards Scarec12 scarecrow is a normal trap card that activates when an opponentes monster attacks it negate the attack and can only be used once per turn it can be countered by dark bride and other counter spells
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 pm

DarkMagician67 wrote:
Spoiler:

good job
Back to top Go down
DarkMagician67

DarkMagician67

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Magic Cylinder
Class: Trap Cards 300px-MagicCylinder-BP01-EN-C-1E

Effect: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Target the attacking monster; negate the attack, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.

Pros: You negate the incoming attack of the target monster; You reflect damage back at the opponent equal to the targets attack.

Cons: Can be countered by other counter traps, like Dark Bribe, etc; Can be easily destroyed by spells and traps, such as MST, Heavy Storm, Dust Tornado, etc; It only works once, so if you don't have another Magic Cylinder set or another counter trap or cards like Battle Fader, you may take damage from other attacks that turn, depending on the field.

Last edited by DarkMagician67 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Spoiler:

you forgot the effect description but i will let it pass this time becuz the good quality of the image
Back to top Go down
Destroyer

Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Class: Trap Cards MirrorForceGLD1-EN-GUR-LE Pro's: This card can destroy all your oppenents monsters if it goes off correctly Cons: This card can be destroyed very easily mst,dust tornado,etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.yahoo.com
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Well as todays homework i want all students to select a Trap Card and describe its effects and talk about its "pros and cons"... Remember no cheating and using tha same cards...
Back to top Go down
Tsubasa Mushra
Admin
Admin
Tsubasa Mushra

PostSubject: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Good Afternoon class lets start our today's lecture...

Trap Cards (罠(トラップ)カード Torappu Kādo) are purple-colored cards that have various effects to make things difficult for your opponent or easier for you in a Duel. A Trap Card must be Set and can only be activated after the current turn has finished, after it may be activated during either player's turn. Trap Cards are Spell Speed 2, with the exception of Counter Trap Cards, which are Spell Speed 3.

Normal Trap Cards are Spell Speed 2. They can be activated during either player's turn as long as it wasn't set that turn. The effects of certain Normal Trap Cards behave like Equip Cards, but the card is still considered a Normal Trap Card.

Continuous Trap Cards are also Spell Speed 2. Their effect stays in play until destroyed.

Counter Trap Cards have a Spell Speed 3. No cards or effects except other Counter Trap Cards can be chained to a Counter Trap Card.

Trap Cards may be chained to Spell Cards, other Trap Cards, or to the effects of Effect Monsters.

Normal Trap Cards (通常罠(つうじょうトラップ) Tsūjō Torappu) are Spell Speed 2, and can be used in response to the effects of everything that is classified as Spell Speed 1, such as Effect Monsters, and Spell Cards, or Spell Speed 2, which include Quick Effects, most other Trap Cards, and Quick-Play Spell Cards.

"Blast with Chain" and "Kunai with Chain" are Normal Trap Cards that remain upon the field after activation.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-BlastwithChain-BP01-EN-C-1E Class: Trap Cards 300px-KunaiwithChain-BP01-EN-C-1E

Counter Trap Cards (カウンター罠(トラップ) Kauntā Torappu) are the third variety of Trap Cards and are the only Spell Speed 3 cards in the game. This means that the only thing that can be used against them are other Counter Trap Cards. Primarily, they deal with preventing the activation of the effects of other cards, although there are noteworthy exceptions, such as "Intercept". Counter Trap Cards have a special icon: Class: Trap Cards Counter

Class: Trap Cards 300px-InterceptTDGS-EN-SR-1E

Counter Trap Cards can be activated in the Damage Step even if their effects do not alter ATK/DEF.

At least a few Counter Trap Cards are vital in most Decks—without the ability to prevent an opponent's card effect from activating, there is little guarantee of being able to prevail against an opponent, especially if the player has no idea what the opponent's strategy is or what cards they may be playing. Many of the more powerful Counter Traps have a cost or downside to using them so attempting to rely on a very large number of them may result in greatly diminished resources for the player to use.

Continuous Trap Cards (永続罠(えいぞくトラップ) Eizoku Torappu) are Trap Cards that stay on the field after activation. The effect(s) of these cards will remain active until the owner cannot maintain the cost or condition(s) indicated on the card (if any) OR it is destroyed. One example of a Continuous Trap Card is "Spellbinding Circle", which effectively freezes an enemy monster on the field, so it can neither change battle position nor declare an attack. As Continuous Spell Cards they ahve a special icon: Class: Trap Cards Continuous

Class: Trap Cards 300px-SpellbindingCircle5DS1-EN-C-1E

Most Continuous Trap Cards require a cost to maintain or possess a condition under which the card is destroyed if said cost/condition is not met. Two examples of these are "Imperial Order" and "Call of the Haunted". "Imperial Order" requires a cost of 700 Life Points to maintain, but "Call of the Haunted" is destroyed when the monster used with it is destroyed. Continuous Trap Cards are also the only kind of Trap Card that can be used to summon "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames", with the exception of cards such as "Blast with Chain" and "Kunai with Chain", which are not Continuous Trap Cards, but remain on the field after activation.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-ImperialOrderDB1-EN-UR-UE Class: Trap Cards 300px-CalloftheHaunted-GLD5-EN-GUR-LE Class: Trap Cards 300px-UriaLordofSearingFlames-LC02-EN-UR-LE

Another example of a Continuous Trap Card is "Royal Decree", which negates Trap Cards' effects. However, since it is still Spell Speed 2, it cannot be used against cards like "Magic Drain", "Seven Tools of the Bandit", "Negate Attack", or "Trap Jammer", since they are all Counter Trap Cards, and thus Spell Speed 3.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-RoyalDecreeRP02-EN-R-UE

You can activate Continuous Trap Cards and activate their Quick-like Effects on the same Chain. For example, when your opponent activates "Monster Reborn" you can activate "Royal Oppression" and activate its effect on the same chain.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-RoyalOppression-GLD4-EN-GUR-LE

Also, cards such as "Chain Burst" and "Curse of Darkness" have to be face-up on the field before the card it inflicts damage against is activated; you cannot chain these cards to the activation of the card type mentioned and still maintain the effect of inflicting damage. This is because the timing has been missed; the card in question has already been activated.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-ChainBurstDR3-EN-R-UE Class: Trap Cards 300px-CurseofDarknessDR2-EN-R-UE

Some Continuous Trap cards also become monster cards when activated. These are often referred to as Trap Monsters. An example of a Trap Monster is "Stronghold the Moving Fortress", which can be used to give you some defense when you have no monsters. These cards can be destroyed by "Heavy Storm" or other cards that can destroy traps, even though they are considered monster cards. These type of cards take up one Spell & Trap Card Zone, as well as one Monster Card Zone.

Class: Trap Cards 300px-StrongholdtheMovingFortress-DPYG-EN-C-1E

Thats all for today, class dismissed...

Source:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class: Trap Cards   Class: Trap Cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class: Trap Cards
Page 1 of 1